Monday, July 29, 2013

The UGLY of Infertility

I was a cheerleader in 7th grade. I know, weird for those who know me. I was a soccer-star wannabe forever until my two besties decided to try cheer-leading at the ripe-peer-preasured age of 13. Anyway, I remember our favorite cheer:

U.G.L.Y. you ain't got no alibi you ugly, absolutely ugly!

Okay, so it wasn't the nicest cheer, but boy did it make us laugh.

The U.G.L.Y of Infertility:

I know. I am going through it too.

Infertility is hard on us as individuals, as well as our friendships, families, marriages, children, etc...

Infertility has rocked our worlds in a not so rock-in-roll way.

It has broken the picturesque version of our perfectly yet un-perfectly, fitted puzzled lives, that we had completed in our heads. And now, because of infertility, none of the pieces will fit.

My puzzle is broken.
I am blaming infertility.
And I hope HE can put me back together.

You UGLY infertility, absolutely UGLY!

A side note, not on the side: Its a scary thing to put this out there as a believer, but it's true. It's not all cake and ice-cream (or as I would say, chips and salsa) with me as a believer. But then, is it really that way with anyone? I would, in a rare mood, argue this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment