Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Another year older

Tis' a strange thing to grow older with infertility. Just last night Kyle and I were in awe that one of our friends kids was turning 6 already. For me, that means we have been ttc for at least 5 years now (to be honest I have kind of lost track how long). Weird to watch your friends children grow up and go through baby stage, to toddler stage, and then before we know it we are attending tee ball and bumblebee soccer games.  Weird to watch your younger cousins have their first babies. Weird to be the dog lady.

I met with two of my dear friends this morning. They are dear to me in so many ways and I was so touched that they would pack up all their gear, sick babies, strollers, bottles, etc...and travel just to sit and have coffee with me and my puppy. I was reminded that God had truly blessed me with these amazing women who still make a HUGE effort to talk about how cute Maddie is when all the passer-byers are looking at their babies. Thank YOU Father for these women. Thank YOU Lord for these friendships. What a beautiful gift to have selfless friends who go out of their way to include their barren friend. I love you gals and hope that I too can follow your model and put you before myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment