Monday, October 7, 2013

DENIED

I have to laugh a little because the spousal denial was kinda funny. But, somehow being denied for new health insurance  has turned into a not-so-haha situation.

Mr. C and I own a small business together and therefore pay for our own health insurance.  We are in the process of changing plans and have been recently denied for infertility (me) and spousal infertility (Mr. C) - what?? spousal infertility??. Okay, so we move onto a different, more expensive (triple the price), group-plan in which we are under an umbrella (meaning our history does not come into play). Come to find our tax preparer made a BIG mistake and failed to type my name on our Schedule C tax form. My name is on alllll the other forms, but not the one that matters.

Well, whatever! What can I do now? - Wait until January 1st. Looks like Obamacare will be our only option.

I am guessing there are other IFERS out there that have come across similar insurance denials. Ha! Just add it to the suckie infertile list.

Lord, I can't wait for You to come back and make it alllll good :) My trust is in you, even though my flesh doesn't show that sometimes.

Mrs. C

3 comments:

  1. Insurance and IVF makes me nuts. My insurance will not cover it. It also denied me for the injectables. It was three denials later I found out there is a statue that requires them to pay for meds. Finally got that paid. My suggestion is to keep challenging it. Ask for a supervisor, ask for a full copy of policy. They just maybe wrong. It's so frustrating insurance pays for tubes being tied and abortion and birth control. But to pay to help create life .....I guess that's unacceptable to health care. I think groups like Resolve should focus some efforts on lobbying for new laws. Sorry for the rant but such a sore topic on this coast. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry this happened! I agree with Stefanie, keep challenging what the insurance company said. I know when I was going through infertility I spent tons of time on the phone arguing over coverage. Sometimes that paid off and I was able to get them to pay for things. Good luck! I will be praying for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement Jessica!

      Delete