Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beta #4

9   days past 5 day embryo transfer = 35
11 days past 5 day embryo transfer = 81
13 days past 5 day embryo transfer = 108
17 days past 5 day embryo transfer = 380

My numbers are quite low yet slowly rising. Our nurse told Mr. C it could go either way at this point.  No more betas will be scheduled (thank goodness!). I obviously have mixed emotions about the numbers. Happy they are rising, bummed they are very low.  Our first ultrasound is scheduled for next Thursday where I will be about 6.5 weeks and we hope to see a sac, baby, fetal pole, and possibly hear a heartbeat.

I have been extremely sensitive and emotional the last couple of days which has been tough for me and people around me (sorry friends).  I am trying give myself some slack because HECK, I am more juiced up than cattle in line (excuse the gross description but meat is grossing me out right now so I thought is was a nice fit here :)  as well as pregnant.  IVF is a hard, lengthy process. People keep telling me that if it were a natural pregnancy I would not know these numbers and it would be less stressful...DUH (sensitive much Mrs. C). The thing is, that its not a natural pregnancy, we did do IVF, and I do know these numbers - rEalitY.

Symptoms: I had some AF (period) type cramping all last night as well as left leg pain. It was scary, especially with these low betas.

Praise: I believe God is good always and witnessed His awesome power yesterday touching a life of someone Mr. C and I have been praying for a long time!

Advice for other IVF'ers: People are not perfect but HE is!...seek Him, talk to Him constantly throughout this process. Poor out the truth to Him. HE is filled with forgiveness and comfort everyday through every emotion. HE isn't going to judge your up's and down's like yourself and or the world might.

Passion: I am passionate about talking to others going through Infertility. God has blessed me with a new empathy for IF (infertility) peeps.  I am thankful for this new awareness. I am thankful that I can help other people. I hate IF but I love the growth I have found through this process. If you are reading this and really just need someone to talk to please feel free to contact me via this post. I would love to let you vent, listen, and just be there during your walk. I am sooo grateful to have two friends to talk to that went through IVF before me. It really is helpful. Stepping Stone Infertility's website is also an amazing resource filled with women all over dealing with every type of IF.

So stoked to be pregnant today,

Mrs. C

2 comments:

  1. I would really like to connect if you don't mind. I'm a mess. I've been googling reading checking symptoms checking boob color. I'm so scared. I know its not in my control and its in GODS hands. I had a friend tell me I shouldn't do this process because if it was Gods will for me to be preggers then it would happen. When my first ivf failed instead of a sympathetic ear she said see you are forcing something that shouldn't be. Needless to say I have ended that friendship but her words still creep into my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stefanine,
      Please email me anytime at kbcullum@cox.net. I am a mess too so let's be a mess together. I have learned not to listen to those types of comments. They are just trying to help but don't know what to say and usually say something lame and hurtful without reallizing it. I pray she finds empathy for you. In the meantime seek out the friends that support you, love you, and pray with you. I am so sorry that your first round failed, it is such a hard process.

      Dear Father, please give Stefanie peace today. Give her Your joy and comfort as she navigates through infertility. In Your Precious Name, Amen.

      Delete