Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Life W/O Babies

I never imagined a life without babies, but here it is - in all its messy glory (and I mean glory in a not so glorious way)!  If I think about it, I guess I am right where I am supposed to be. A life not forced to lean on HIM, but chosen.  I was created to need HIM for everything, and when I come around the mountain and remember once again this simple truth I find peace. Would I be so needy if I had what I want...babies? Would I lean on HIM and let HIM heal me daily, hourly, every minute?  Would I soak up HIS everlasting renewal? I really don't know, but I do know that I was created to need HIM for everything, literally EVERYTHING! Not just for the times of sorrow, but the times of joy, the times of void, the easy times, the times before all else and everyone else, including myself, fails.

Lately I've been strongly avoiding opportunities to "do good works" in a oh-so-fleshly-human attempt to "get closer" to HIM. I have had this nasty human habit as long as I can remember. You know, one of those things we call a vice? This is one of mine.  So as I sit in my chair on Sunday and don't run to the service sign-up table out of guilt, I wonder where the balance is. So I talk to HIM about it and ask for a fleck of HIS wisdom in this area.  "I have my human heart of service Father, but I want YOUR heart of service." I wonder if it will change? I wonder what it will look like when or if it ever does? And then I start to feel guilty again for not signing up...hahahaha...LOL! Oh once again I am smacked in the face with myself.

I love YOU Lord! You sent Your only Son to die on the cross to pay for my silly human habits, vices, sins. You are Good and I am blessed to be called Your child!

Mrs. C

No comments:

Post a Comment