Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What Comes After Failed IVF?

Everyone has a different answer to this tough question: What comes after failed IVF? Currently, Mr. C and I are not sure at this point and that is okay. So, from a gal that got a big fat F in IVF/FET101, please remember to give your infertile friends time after failed IVF/FET. Please remember that everyone moves forward at their own pace. Please remember that some of us failed IVFERS might decide to live without children, some might decide to research foster care, surrogacy, or adoption, and some might decide to do another round of IVF. Please try hard not to judge your infertile friends decisions. I know its hard because you want them to have their desires too, but just remember that when they are good and ready they will make a decision that is best for them.

Personally I am praying that He gives me faith to wait on Him for an answer. I am trying to keep my focus on Him and not on this fleshly desire of mine. I believe in Him, I believe that this is not my home, and I believe that he will answer me.

Waiting on Him,
Mrs. C

5 comments:

  1. There should be a manual for friends and family of ivfers. Everyone has advice and wants to help. In truth the best thing that can be offered is an ear a shoulder to cry on and a laugh to clean up the tears. Its an individual struggle and only the person will know what's next and on their own timeline. I do not believe any two women have the same journey and all we can do is understand the pain and stress and medicated roller coaster and be supportive. With Him and our strong will we will all persevere to the right path, whatever that maybe. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right on Stefanie. I am even guilty of trying to put other ivfers into the same box as me, so I try to give outsiders some slack when they say the wrong thing. Personally, my main goal right now is to try and put Him first. I can absolutely say that so far it has helped me and given me more of a peace. I still get bummed out but I am not so worried anymore. How are the new supplements treating you?

      Delete
  2. I found your blog by chance one day while looking for one I usually read. It was about the time when you were in your two week wait. My husband and I are going though our 3rd IVF as week speak. Lean on God and he will give you all the strength you need, even when it doesn't feel like it. There is a song by Josh Wilson called Before the Morning. When we had our 2nd loss, this song helped me ALOT. Wherever He leads you, whatever His will is for you, there will be peace about all of it. Please know that there are people out here praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers! I don't know why I am always amazed that God puts such awesome people in my life, but here I am amazed again. I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this thing called infertility too...my heart aches for you today. I would love to pray for you.

      Dear Father, Thank you for putting this awesome women in my life. I pray that you would comfort her through this round of IVF. I pray that You would bless her with a baby and that You would be glorified through a precious little one! Father, I know that you have control but sometimes I forget. I thank You today for giving me joy and hope through someone I've never even met :) In your precious name, Amen

      Delete
  3. I don't always get a notification that you have replied so that's why the delay. The supplements were a tough go to get use to. The first couple of weeks I just didn't feel well. I think I'm fully adjusted and back to normal now. It was even more tricky then the injections for me. How was the walk? I wish there was something like that in NY. Today has been difficult. Hubby is travelling and it wAs a gorgeous day. I just feel a little empty and purposeless today. I so ache for a family

    ReplyDelete