Saturday, September 7, 2013

What to expect on FET day

We arrived at our doctors office at 845am. After signing a few consent forms my vitals were taken and we walked over to the procedure office down the hall which is my Favorite place!! So tranquil with mellow-positive-feeling music playing, a running fountain, and soft hues and textures. After a few minutes we were sitting in Dr. Operas office looking at our beautiful embryo pictures. Hurray they both looked good and each got a 3BB grade.  Doc Opera explained that they could turn into 3 or 4 babies and we had to sign a consent saying we were aware of that. Next came the transfer. It was soooo much easier  and less uncomfortable than our first Ivf. Our doc found a nice thick pouch to point them towards. 10 mins later I was resting for the 30 min standard. We got our post-care instructions, a wheel chair ride downstairs, and by 11:17 we were headed to my rents comfy-cool home for a 2 day bed rest. Now the dreaded TWW begins. Usuually our Doc tests after 8 days but that will land on a Sunday so 9 days it is...
9 days and counting,
Mrs.C

PS: I wore a long comfy black maxi dress on transfer day and it was perrrrrfet! I only had to pull it up and pull it down. No messing with all the possible undergarments and, It didn't hurt to feel pretty in a dress on transfer day too.
PSS: I had a pre-transfer day melt down. I'm pretty sure the hormones were kicking in and maybe a little anxiety, although I'd hate to admit that. I immediatey called on my awesome support system for prayers and I would highly reccommend to anyone to do the same in any time of need. Scores of texts came in leaving me full of smiles, peace, and lovin'. Luv you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment