Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Admission



Yes I admit it; the burrito made me feel good (temporarily of course). I decided that it is not the day for the 2 shake diet. Nope - it is a day to give yourself a little leeway, a little slack Mrs. C; because gosh I am seriously being tested at every corner and the day has just begun. An hour into my day I had to bow my head and just ask that He give me a humble heart, patience, kindness, strength, forgiveness...blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc... 

I bought it secretly, (because its a little to early for lunch, so this would be considered 2nd breakfast today) ate it in my office, and it truly made me feel good. I know that food is not the true source of joy, but boy did it sure feel like it for a moment. The warm, egg, cheese, potato burrito with salsa and sour cream gave me a smile today and I will relish in it; even though now I feel stuffed, tired, and fat :)  Okay its out there, and now that I humiliated myself this blog has somehow just become an accountablity partner.

My True Source of Joy:

Psalm 16:8-11

New King James Version (NKJV)
I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment