Thursday, August 23, 2012

5 Days Post 5 Day Embryo Transfer

Okay, so here we are 5 days post our 5 day embryo transfer and so far I have been pretty mentally and emotionally strong through this cycle.  I am mostly attributing this relaxed state to my awesome support system!  My husband has encouraged staying away from work as much as possible and my mom, dad, friends, and family have been lifting, cleaning, cooking, taking me out for lunch and to the park. I do not think I have ever been this relaxed in my life :) What a fantastic group of people I am blessed with!!!! I also have been talking to HIM constantly, which I normally do, but anytime worry trys to creep in I immediately meet HIM in my heart and ask for HIS peace and comfort.  I have also been so stoked with Mr. C. His faith through this whole thing has carried me. He is not afraid (like me) to ask HIM to bless us with a child - so he does and it is a beautiful act of faith.

I have to admit that I have been googling here and there things like, "3 days past 5 day embryo transfer symptoms" and "how many ivf cycles did it take you to get your BFP (otherwise known as a Big Fat Positive)."  I like to read the success stories because it keeps my spirits lifted and gives me hope.  I have noticed that I have been going back and forth between trying to guard myself by telling myself, "okay Mrs. C this very well might not happen. In fact it probably won't" and "yes, this is it! This is going to work! Mr. C is going to be a daddy and you are going to be a mommy".  The waiting is the hardest part! Mr. C and I have thus far committed to not testing early because I had to take 2 trigger shots which is pretty much a big dose of pregnancy symptoms; so we don't want to end up with a false positive before the blood (BETA) test on Monday. That would just plain suck!

Symptoms (whether they be from meds or possible pregnancy):

1.  I have had sore tata's since the beginning of meds so I am pretty sure its the meds on this one. My girls have definitely filled out, changed color, and hurt more over the past 2 days though.
2.  Very small bouts of nausea. Just a little uneasy stomach...no running to the bathroom or anything.      Typically happens at night
3.  Times of extreme tiredness
4.  Low back ache mostly at night. I hear this one as well as the rest can be a progesterone side-affect
5.  Crampy here and there. At night it is more frequent. Some days more than others.
6. Hunger...but then I'm always hungry, or think I am, according to those who know me best ;)

4 more days and absolutely counting!!!

Peace Out,
Mrs. C

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. C. Just came across your blog. Today I am 5 days post a 5 Day blastocyst transfer. This is my third IVF trial. Wanted to know more about your journey. Just o feel a part of the same group. How did your feeling change over the TWW? What happened after that? How do you feel now?
    Regards
    VS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      First of all I would love to pray for you: Dear Father, I pray that you would lift this wonderful women up! I pray that you would bless her will a healthy baby from this round of IVF. I pray that you would surround her with your comfort and peace and she goes through the two week wait. In your name, Amen
      If I remember correctly my symptoms went away around week 5 1/2 I had really low betas from the start. However I know SO MANY ladies that have had their symptoms go away and low betas and now have little ones so I truly believe that every experience is different. I ended up miscarrying around 6 weeks. After about 9 months we transferred our last two embryos which did not result in pregnancy. I then went through a time when I was questioning Gods motives and goodness because He would not bless me with a child. Now, I am happy to say that for the most part I have a peace about whatever road God has for me. That does not mean I don't have fear of the unknown and sadness from time to time. My husband and I are now looking into foster and or adoption. We are not sure that is what we will do you but we are taking the step of getting all the information about each option. Please feel free to stay in contact via email or this blog.
      Kindly,
      Mrs. C
      kbcullum@cox.net

      Delete
  2. Hi just came across your story and am saddend to read you did not get the results we all pray and hope for....i am 5days after my et and am starting to strugle with the wait for our pbt i have sofar ressissted doing a hpt ...have you any addvice as to how to help us threw our last five day wait??..i am 29 and this is our 1st ivf treatment,we had one blastocyst transferd is there any symtoms we should look for if its faild or succeded??...i really hope you and your husband recive the child your longing for,good luck with your baby jorney......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Okay first I would love to pray for you and your husband:

      Dear Father, I pray that your would give this family a peace about your plans. I pray that you would bless this couple with a healthy baby during this round of IVF! I thank You for loving us and knowing our pain and counting our tears. I pray that you would surround them with support and love from friends and family.

      I hope so much for you that this first time works for you guys! The TWW was so hard and the stuff that helped me most during that wait was hanging around people that supported us like my mom and sister and friends who prayed for me. Also, doing things I loved to keep me busy like gardening, reading, movie watching with the hubby. I was always talking to others going through the same thing to relate too so I didn't feel so crazy. Please feel free to vent to me (kbcullum@cox.net) as I TOTALLY know what you are going through!! As far as symptoms go everyone is sooo different and the only difference I personally felt between our two attempts was I was more crampie when I was actually pregos vs our 2nd attempt that did not take.

      Praying for you!!

      Brooke

      Delete
  3. Thankyou so much for your kind words and prayer (sorry for awfall spelling) i have got a great supportive partner and mom and my partners sister is my best friend so find talking to them helps but they are all moms and dont know truthfully the anguish and pain we have and are going threw....its so easy to get carrid away with thoughts of our baby and our future famliy,but then theres always a BUT at the end of it....i have changd my whole life,no drinking no caffine no smokeing and no stress,and can just hope and pray for the best ending....i have had no bleeding and lots of mild unsual cramps which i can only take as a possitive,just so frightend what friday will hold for us??..thankyou for takeing the time to rply to me,you are first fellow ivf person i have spoken to.....you and your husband are in my prayers too.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete