Sunday, August 26, 2012

8 Days Post 5 Day Embryo Transfer

One more day. One more day and Mr. C and I will find out if my stomach will pop out over the next 9 months and I can eat whatever I want, or if I go back to boot camp and hot yoga in an attempt to get rid of my medicine belly. One more day and we will find out if all of these "symptoms" I am having are from the shots or growing baby/ies.  One more day.  It is hard to describe the last few days. I guess you could say that I am in a daze. I have been working lightly, hanging out with family and friends, and clinging to Mr. C all the while 3/4 of me is completely alert, aware, and frankly a little ridiculous. I can not help but imagine every twinge inside my stomach and womb being growth, and then the darker thoughts creep in and I imagine the wicked witch of the month coming at any moment. Other than the on and off cramping, my "girls" are HUGE...even Mr. C's mama pointed it out this morning. Of course we both laughed and smiled hoping with each other that a pregnancy, and not the trigger shots, was causing this growth.

We are talking about having our immediate family over tomorrow for pizza and either good or bad news. I was a little nervous about being completely crushed in front of the everyone all at once but now I am thinking, "who better to be crushed in front of?"..."nobody". Our families rock in good and bad so I can't think of a better way to get the news.

I know this is just one small step in the amazing process of life. I know that a positive does not mean a full, healthy 9 month pregnancy.  But from a gal who has never seen any kind of pregnancy: chemical, ectopic, etc..., I am seeing this first step of getting us pregnant as a BIG milestone.

I will post our results either way tomorrow. Thank you so much for all your prayers, emails, texts, notes, etc...
Your encouragement has kept me going. Your humor has lightened my mood. Your kindness has touched me.

Positive or Negative - God is Good!

1 more day and so over counting,

Mrs. C

No comments:

Post a Comment