Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ye of Little Faith

The story of our first BFP!

The day was long. The nurse told us we would get our pregnancy test results back, "this afternoon". Our plan was for Mr. C to get the call and then he would deliver the news to me (poor Mr. C now that I think about that).  I worked well until about 1ish. Then my brain began playing tricks. "It's the afternoon" I thought to myself. Three ridiculous, slow, work-worthless hours later 4pm arrived. I couldn't take it anymore.  I locked up my office and walked down to the shop. Mr. C was on edge too. We sat in awful anticipation for another hour together. We came to the conclusion that late news was bad news and I had a good cry. One of our friends came by the shop for a visit. The phone rang. Mr. C answered. Our thoughtful friend looked at me and said, "do you want me to give you guys a minute?". I responded, "that would be awesome". At first Mr. C's face sunk and I sunk with him. Wait - then his face went sheet white and he got up and started pacing. Finally he came over and grabbed me. I looked up and whispered, "are we pregnant?". He nodded yes and then spoke the words, "we are pregnant!!!". I burst into tears of joy. I will never forget Mr. C's smile at that moment. Then he started pacing the shop listening to the nurse as she explained our low beta number and our next step. He asked numerous questions and after he hung up we were in complete and utter shock!


* Disclaimer: I am human

I feel like I have to justify what I am about to post by shouting, " I am SOOOOOOO thankful for this living soul inside of me!!!" and "SOOOOOO thankful for a positive pregnancy test!!" Hallelujah!!!...

My beta is low. I wish I never knew my beta number! Yesterday was bitter sweet. I was so joyful for the pregnancy yet so faithless about the outcome due to my first beta  number which was 35 at 9dp5det (9 days post 5day embryo transfer). The nurse described it as, "low but not horrible".  They would have liked it to be around 50. I will go in on Friday for my next beta. My beta should at least triple by then if the pregnacy is progressing well. If there was ever a time for TMI (to much information)...this is it! Seriously a crazy rollercoster people!

Oh Mrs. C, Ye of Little Faith!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment