Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Beta #2 & The Nut House

First things first. I took a digital test today and got a ugly, "not pregnant"! Really, come on, give me a break. Then, I took a FRER (First Response Early Something) and got a faint positive! Really, come on, give me a break. So I am pregnant but I'm not? Okay, I don't want to diminish that it was pretty cool to see our first positive POAS (pee on a stick) test ever.

Next, I had to go pick up some meds that I ran out of at our clinic today. Although my next test was scheduled for Friday, I asked to talk to my nurse about the ugly "not pregnant" but she was out for the day and Dr. Opera was in a meeting. 

The assistant said, "since you are here do you want us to do your 2nd beta test?"
"That would be awesome!" I happily accepted.
While she pricked me I asked, "So, we will get the results tomorrow sometime?"
"You will get the results tonight".
Ahhhh those were nice words to hear.

Beta #2 Results:
Doc Opera just called from his personal cell (he is the best) and told us that he is much more optimistic than he was earlier in the week. My beta had more than doubled and was now 81! Great news.

Beta #3 scheduled for Friday.

BTW: I am proclaiming myself to be officially nuts and I am totally cool with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment